Wednesday 5 December 2012

Strangeways, Here We Come

I'm delighted to be able to announce that from next month I will be hosting a weekly show on Strangeways Radio, an Internet radio station based not in Manchester but Michigan (not that these things really matter on t'internet).

Strangeways describe themselves as "Providing listeners with an alternative to the repetitive crap on commercial radio" so I think we're going to be a very good fit!

The remit for the show will be slightly broader than for the Phonic show, representing not only the classic Britpop era but also giving us scope to play some of the bands that set the scene (Madchester, shoegaze etc) as well as those post-Britpop band who carried on the spirit.

The exact timings are still to be finalised but we're looking at a time slot that will enable the States to listen in the afternoon and the UK/Europe in the evening so that we can spread the word the largest possible audience.

The station has some really diverse, interesting and alternative shows and I would definitely recommend checking them out at www.strangewaysradio.com 

I'm really excited about this and I hope that you'll be able listen in and let me know what you think.

Strangeways, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment